The Family; A Proclamation to the World

The Family; A Proclamation to the World

The Rock Upon Which We Are Built

Family: People may think of it as something more along the lines of a thought or ideal. The Beaver Cleaver family vs. the Adams family. Opposite ends of the family spectrum, but they all have one thing in common that all families have in common no matter what and that is the foundation on which we build upon.

This document called "The Family: A Proclamation To The World" is what I will be building this blog upon because I believe that if each individual of a family and the family as a unit build upon this foundation it Will Not Fall.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Compared to a What?

Don't you just love comparisons? We use them every day like when you taste something delicious and you say "This tastes just like Grandma's cooking!" or when you tell your sister she is lookin' like Sarah Jessica Parker in the dress. Just like all of these the family can be compared to so many things, but why would we want to compare the family to anything at all? 
     Well, I thought the exact same thing when one of my professors in collage asked us to write a whole paper comparing the family to a working unit. I racked my brain thinking of things like a baking cookies where dad is the flour, mom is the sugar and my sisters are the nuts....I of course was the chocolate chips. 
     But none of these seemed to fit. Well I decided on a Christmas tree, why? Because I LOVE Christmas!!! My dad was the actual tree being the firm guy he is, my mom was the angel on top watching over all of us, one of my sisters was the lights providing the glow in our family and my other sister was the ornaments because she is can be so different but she sets the mood for the whole family. I was the presents...just because I love them.
Christmas tree photography tutorial...can't wait to try with my new camera!     So what did this prove? Well as I dove deeper into what each person in my family does to contribute to our family I realized that not only are each persons contributions vital, they also provide essential "breaths of life" if you will to our individual family unit. If the family is truly a working unit then it has the potential to be a total rock in society as well as for the individuals in that family. Let me ask you, your family is compared to a what?

No comments:

Post a Comment