The Family; A Proclamation to the World

The Family; A Proclamation to the World

The Rock Upon Which We Are Built

Family: People may think of it as something more along the lines of a thought or ideal. The Beaver Cleaver family vs. the Adams family. Opposite ends of the family spectrum, but they all have one thing in common that all families have in common no matter what and that is the foundation on which we build upon.

This document called "The Family: A Proclamation To The World" is what I will be building this blog upon because I believe that if each individual of a family and the family as a unit build upon this foundation it Will Not Fall.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Battle of the Classes
     Oh how I hate this frame of mind...Societies Classes. You have the rich, the poor, the upper middle class, the lower middle class. Ok, aren't we trying to leave high school back in our awkward teenage years? Why do grown ups still go for the whole "click" mentality; these are the jocks, these are the nerds, these are the popular. Gross! So I totally get that people make different amounts of money and that makes it so we all live different styles of life, but aren't people turning the world upside down trying to make it so we are all the same? Why should social classes be different. 
     How I see it is that we are all God's children and we will stand before Him according to Revelation 20:12 "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works." 
     I will admit that we all have different likes, dislikes and styles of living, but the fact is is that we can all mingle together. I'm not talking about mingling; the type where the rich go and feed the poor and do their service project for the year at Thanksgiving, but where we connect with one another. Go start up a conversation with someone, go put yourself out there. DO SOMETHING!!!
     I'm not telling you guys to go do something that I have never done. I served a mission for my church in the great state of New Jersey for 18 months where I talked and taught people from all over the social ladder and guess what, I could connect with each of them. Strange right?! I continue to practice this now that I'm home in Idaho and I have never been happier because I realize that I am not alone. No matter where you sit on this invisible ladder, connect with others and that ladder won't seem to matter so much any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment